Bell Shoals Academy
A Ministry of Bell Shoals Church
For over 50 years Bell Shoals Academy has been part of the community transforming thousands of students who have benefited from our preschool through 8th grade programs. We offer a superb classroom learning experience for all age groups including preschool. We provide quality Christian education, small classes and caring faculty, and have expanded to 2 campuses to serve Hillsborough County. We are honored that you want to learn more about us. We invite you to browse further and discover why we believe in Bell Shoals Academy and the benefits of Christian education.
BELL SHOALS believes
in the inerrancy of God's Word | we are saved by grace and faith in Jesus Christ
God is sovereign | in God the Father and Jesus, His Son | we are led by the Holy Spirit
The mission of Bell Shoals Academy is to provide a strong education that is Christ-centered. We strive to train students to excel in academics, fine arts, athletics and technology while fostering a Biblical worldview throughout all aspects of our program.
The philosophy of education at Bell Shoals Academy is based on a God-centered view of truth and Man as presented in the Bible. The entire process of education is seen as a means to bring the student into fellowship with God (I Cor.6:19-20), to assist them in developing the mind of Christ (Phil. 2:5) and to help them demonstrate Christ-like character qualities (Gal. 5:22, 23).
Bell Shoals Academy’s vision is to encourage all of our students to become passionate followers of Christ.
Bell Shoals Academy was established as an extension of Bell Shoals Church and is a campus with a 50-year heritage yet 21st century technology. It is a “community” made up of students, faculty, support staff, coaches, administrators, alumni, trustees and parents. The main campus is located in Brandon, on Bell Shoals Road between Bloomingdale Avenue and Lumsden Road. We are continuing to expand and currently have 2 campus locations to serve Eastern Hillsborough County.
Campus Locations and Contact Information
Brandon Main Campus
VPK | Early Learning Center | Elementary | Middle School | Extended Care
- The Brandon campus is conveniently located in the heart of Brandon in Eastern Hillsborough County.
- Our Chapel hosts weekly worship services for the Jr. K - 8th grade.
- Technology Centers include the recently installed state-of-the-art computer lab, science laboratories, Lab-top computers, i-Pads and a video room.
- The Media Center not only provides in-house books and DVD's but also has an extensive on-line collection and dedicated computers for Accelerated Reader Program testing.
- Our Cafeteria provides quality offerings for students, faculty and guests.
- Our Sports Facilities include a newly installed gymnasium floor and extensive outdoor athletic fields and exercise stations.
- We provide Extended Care options for before and after school activities.
Apollo Beach Campus
VPK | Early Learning Center
- The Apollo Beach Campus is easily accessible for Riverview, Apollo Beach and Southern Hillsborough County residents.
- Our intimate classroom settings and small class sizes create a warm atmosphere for our Preschool - Kindergarten students.
- Our private playground allows outdoor activities and encourages exercise.
Bell Shoals Academy provides a strong spiritual emphasis which is integrated throughout the entire program at all our campuses. In VPK and the Early Learning Center our children are taught God’s word through Bible stories, singing, sharing, and Bible verses. Each month we highlight a special virtue. We teach children that prayer is talking to their best friend and demonstrate that by praying throughout the day.
Chapel is celebrated weekly at the Brandon Campus for kindergarten through 8th grade. Chapel services are held on Mondays, from 8:20-9:00 am. Special services are held throughout the year, with different grades leading the worship service, and special presentations.
Age appropriate service projects are used to demonstrate acts of service and engage student's compassion. Bell Shoals offers students of all ages the chance to affect the lives of others and experience the joy of giving.
Bell Shoals Academy seeks to recruit and retain faculty and staff who approach every aspect of their job with dedication and professionalism. BSA teachers are passionate, engaging, inspiring encouragers. They have a genuine respect for their students and teach through hands-on learning. Each teacher cares, loves and inspires their students to be the best they can be while striving to follow Jesus, love people and make disciples.
To ensure the safety of our students and staff, all visitors to the campus who are not registered must obtain an identification badge at the Security Desk by submitting their drivers’ license. All visitors are required to wear a mask.
Parents who have completed a background check will be registered into our computer security system. To visit the campus, parents must sign in at the kiosk and receive a visitor badge. Before leaving campus, please log off at the kiosk.
All volunteers who will be supervising students or driving on field trips must complete a background check form and submit with fee two weeks prior to the trip. In addition, they must be at least 21 years of age, and all drivers must be 25 years old.
Please make arrangements for younger siblings when volunteering. Dress modestly as a good example to our students who have a dress code.
Bell Shoals Academy is a ministry of Bell Shoals Church and is accredited through ACSI, the Association of Christian Schools International, which is recognized by the State of Florida as an accrediting body for Christian schools. BSA is also a Gold Seal Quality of Care Certificate recipient from the State of Florida Department of Children and Families. BSA engages in a continuous improvement plan and demonstrates quality education through:
- Spiritual Development - Bell Shoals encourages the evaluation of biblical and spiritual integration of the school and documents that the school is true to its own foundational statements (mission, vision, core values, goals)
- Proven success for improvement - Bell Shoals promotes ongoing instructional improvement through a continuous process of self-assessment and systematic school development
- Marks of quality - Bell Shoals meets the standards of quality established by the international school community
- Reciprocity - Bell Shoals transfers credits between schools and between nation's school systems
- Listen and follow directions
- Work independently
- Stay on task
- Use self-control
- Stay neat and organized
- Attend school on time
- Complete class work
- Complete homework
- Do your best work
- Obey authority
- Use kind words and actions
- Be honest
- Care for property