Bell Shoals Academy Financial Aid
On March 27, 2023, Governor Ron DeSantis signed new legislation (HB1/SB202) that will significantly change Florida’s school choice programs. The new legislation goes into effect July 1, 2023, and expands eligibility for these programs to include all BSA students. While there are many details about the implementation of this expanded program that remain to be finalized, we will delay billing for the 2023-2024 school year until August 2023.
Education Savings Account Eligibility and Funding
The new legislation expands eligibility for Florida’s school choice programs and converts the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Education Options (FES-EO) and the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (FTC) into Education Savings Accounts (ESAs) managed by Step Up for Students. Any student who is a resident of Florida and is eligible to enroll in kindergarten through grade 12 in a public school in Florida will be eligible for the ESA. The scholarship amounts have not yet been finalized but could be as much as $7,700 per student.
- First Priority: Renewal students currently receiving FES-EO or FTC Scholarships for the 2022-23 school year.
- Second Priority: Students whose household income does not exceed 185% of the federal poverty level.
- Third Priority: Students whose household income level exceeds 185% but less than 400% of the federal poverty level. FES-EO Income Guidelines
- After these students are funded, families with household incomes over 400% of the federal poverty level will be awarded scholarships on a first come, first served basis until funding is exhausted.
We encourage all Bell Shoals Academy families to apply. Funds will be distributed as indicated by the priority levels above, and it is imperative that you sign up as early as possible to have your best opportunity of receiving the available funds. The scholarship applications have now opened for the 2023/24 school year. You will find a link to the application below.
- Award letters should be forwarded to
- Once we have received the award letter, we will wait to finalize your payment plan until final award amounts have been determined by the state.
- You will receive further communication throughout the summer regarding what to expect in using your scholarship funds here at Bell Shoals Academy.
Apply for the Step Up for Students Education Market Assistant: When applying, please follow the instructions for the Family Empowerment Scholarship – Education Options.
Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities (FES-UA)
Step Up for Students scholarships are awarded based on different criteria. To learn more about these scholarships, please visit https://www.stepupforstudents.org/. Your application will be evaluated by Step Up and you will receive an approval or denial from them directly.
Multiple Child Discount
Families with 3 or more enrolled students will receive a 9% tuition discount for the second and subsequent children. Discounts will apply to the child(ren) in the lowest grades. VPK students are not eligible for sibling or paid in full discounts. If a student is withdrawn, all payments up to and including the date of withdrawal are forfeited.
Payment in Full Discount
If student's tuition is paid in full before June 1st, a $100 discount will be applied.
Full time Bell Shoals Church and BSA staff members are eligible to receive a staff discount. For more information please contact the BSA administrative offices.
Please note, families with a VPK enrolled child are not eligible for additional discounts.
The Florida Department of Education, Office of Early Learning provides free vouchers for families to enroll age appropriate children in VPK programs. The Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program is a free prekindergarten program for 4-year-olds who reside in Florida and were born on or before Sept. 1 of the year they would enter the program. Parents of 4-year-olds with birthdays from Feb. 2 through Sept. 1 may postpone enrolling their child until the following year when they are 5. To apply for the voucher you will need proof of Florida residence and proof of child's age.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at