bell shoals academy uniforms
Bell Shoals Academy requires dressing in a way that supports our rigorous academics and is honoring to God. Students are to be neat, modest and in designated pants, shorts, skirts, shirt, dresses at all times.
SPIRIT WEAR, GEAR, ATHLETICS:
Where can I get school uniforms?
Can I wear old logo or retired color uniforms?
No, students need to wear the current uniform shirts in navy blue, light blue, and grey with the current Bell Shoals Academy logo.
What bottoms can I wear?
Any khaki or navy blue uniform pants, shorts, or skirts as long as they follow the uniform guidelines (no jersey knit, no jogger, no cargo). The only plaid bottoms available must be purchased from MLC Promotions.
What grades will need PE uniforms?
5th – 8th Grade.
Can you wear a spirit shirt to PE?
Can I wear a Christian t-shirt on spirit days?
No, only Bell Shoals Academy spirit shirts are allowed.
When can I wear a spirit shirt?
You may wear a spirit shirt on Fridays with uniform bottoms.
What is chapel attire?
Boys are required to wear uniform pants on chapel days. Girls are required to wear a skirt, dress, or pants on chapel days. Please see uniform guidelines for more detail.
Can I purchase my own shirts and have the logo embroidered?
No, all shirts must be purchased through an approved uniform vendor.
Can I purchase uniforms on campus?
No, you must purchase uniforms online or during a scheduled uniform sale. However, sample sizes are available in the Academy Office.
JR. K - 8TH GRADE DRESS CODE
The required attire includes a school uniform shirt with dockers style shorts, pants, or skirts. Shirts must be purchased through a school uniform provider. Parents are also encouraged to set an example by following modest dress guidelines when on the school campus and at school activities.
Uniform code interpretation is at the discretion of BSA staff. Parents of students in violation of dress code policies will be notified.
- Only BSA logo shirts are acceptable and must be purchased from MLC Promotions or Reds.
- Shirts will be allowed in the following colors: light blue, gray, and navy. ·
- Students may not tie back their shirts or sleeves.
- All shorts, pants, and skirts must be uniform standard and appropriately fitted.
- No jeans, leggings, or tight fitting shorts or pants will be allowed.
- Parents may use this length policy: skirts should not be shorter than 4 inches from the crease at the back of the knee.
- Shorts should not be shorter than 6 inches.
- Uniform bottoms must be navy blue, plaid, or traditional khaki.·
- Traditional-type belts in the colors of brown, black, khaki or navy blue will be allowed, when wearing apparel with belt loops.
- Approved dresses for girls: Jersey Knit, Plaid Dress, and Khaki/Navy Jumpers
- Dress or athletic shoes may be worn.
- No ballet slippers, sandals, crocs, Heelies, lights or sound effects will be allowed.
- Solid color gray, blue, or white socks may be worn.
- No decorative socks will be worn
- Hair must be neatly styled for both boys and girls. Boys’ hair must be above the eyebrows and collar.
- Boys should be clean-shaven.·
- Modest make-up may be worn by Middle School girls only.
- P.E. Days: shorts or long pants are recommended for elementary students.
- 5th through 8th grade students are required to wear the school P.E. uniform purchased through MLC.
- All students must wear athletic shoes.
- Please limit jewelry on P.E. days for safety.
- Students may wear a BSA spirit shirt on PE days.
- During cooler weather, students may wear any coat or sweater to and from school.
- While in the building, students must wear BSA outerwear, sweaters or hoodies in the colors of gray, navy, or blue. ·
- Long-sleeved shirts in uniform colors may also be worn under BSA logo shirts during cooler weather.
- Girls may also wear leggings or tights in uniform colors under shorts, skirts, or jumpers.
- Students remaining after school for various activities, whether participant or spectator, are required to dress modestly.·
- From time to time, the Academy will reward students with announced out of uniform days.
- Boys cannot wear earrings.·
- Tattoos and body piercings are not allowed.
- Unusual hair, make-up, and jewelry will be considered inappropriate for boys and girls.
- No inappropriate advertisements or language are allowed on any items brought or worn to school.
ELC Dress Code
Our little Panthers are not required to wear uniforms. Their only requirement is to wear close-toed shoes that are safe. Tennis shoes are great! A BSA school bag and matching field trip T-shirt will be provided for our little Panthers.
All uniforms must be purchased through our two providers – MLC Promotions (for polos, uniform outerwear, PE uniforms, and spirit wear. Please note that due to production and supply, certain items (especially dresses) may take 10 weeks to fulfill.