Parents and students, we are excited for the 2023-2024 school year! We will continue to update the parent page for important school year information.
RE-ENROLLMENT IS now open
REPORT AN ABSENCE
YEARBOOK PERSONALIZATION - DEADLINE JANUARY 19TH
K - 8TH GRADE:
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL
UNIFORMS & SUPPLIES
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE
EXPLORERS CLUB/BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Explorers Club is a program at BSA designed to help parents who need care for their children on a regular basis beyond the hours of the school day. Explorers Club offers supervision and a variety of enrichment activities for children from our Early Learning Center through 8th grade. Families may choose part time care (1 to 3 days per week) or full time care (4 to 5 days per week). Daily activities include homework time, snack time, supervised free play, crafts, and organized games. For safety and staffing requirements, all enrollment intentions must be pre-scheduled.
For your convenience, we offer care for those times when families need just one day of before or after school care instead of an entire month. Courtesy Care must be scheduled and paid for 24 hours prior to the date care is needed.
*Please note Explorers Club is only offered at our Brandon Campus.
Campus security and safety are a top priority at Bell Shoals Academy. We cannot stop evil from happening, but we are confident the following safety measures serve as the most effective deterrent we can provide to ensure our students are spending the day in a safe environment. BSA is increasing surveillance and utilizing the latest technology to protect our students.
FACTS/RENWEB GRADES AND LESSON PLANS
FORMS, POLICIES, PROCEDURES
REPORT AN ABSENCE
DRESS CODE POLICY
The required attire includes a school uniform shirt with dockers style shorts, pants, or skirts. Shirts must be purchased through a school uniform provider. Parents are also encouraged to set an example by following modest dress guidelines when on the school campus and at school activities.
Uniform code interpretation is at the discretion of BSA staff. Parents of students in violation of dress code policies will be notified.
- Only BSA logo shirts are acceptable and must be purchased from MLC Promotions.
- Shirts will be allowed in the following colors: light blue, gray, and navy. ·
- Students may not tie back their shirts or sleeves.
- All shorts, pants, and skirts must be uniform standard and appropriately fitted.
- No jeans, leggings, or tight fitting shorts or pants will be allowed.
- Parents may use this length policy: skirts should not be shorter than 4 inches from the crease at the back of the knee.
- Shorts should not be shorter than 6 inches.
- Uniform bottoms must be navy blue, plaid, or traditional khaki.·
- Traditional-type belts in the colors of brown, black, khaki or navy blue will be allowed, when wearing apparel with belt loops.
- Approved dresses for girls: Jersey Knit, Plaid Dress, and Khaki/Navy Jumpers
- Dress or athletic shoes may be worn.
- No ballet slippers, sandals, crocs, Heelies, lights or sound effects will be allowed.
- Solid color gray, blue, or white socks may be worn.
- Hair must be neatly styled for both boys and girls. Boys’ hair must be above the eyebrows and collar. No color streaks (i.e. purple, green, blue, pink, etc.).
- Boys should be clean-shaven.·
- Modest make-up may be worn by girls only.
- P.E. Days: shorts or long pants are recommended for elementary students.
- 5th through 8th grade students are required to wear the school P.E. uniform purchased through MLC.
- All students must wear athletic shoes.
- Please limit jewelry on P.E. days for safety.
- Students may wear a BSA spirit shirt on PE days.
- During cooler weather, students may wear any coat or sweater to and from school.
- While in the building, students must wear BSA outerwear, sweaters or hoodies in the colors of gray, navy, or blue. ·
- Long-sleeved shirts in uniform colors may also be worn under BSA logo shirts during cooler weather.
- Girls may also wear leggings or tights in uniform colors under shorts, skirts, or jumpers.
- Students remaining after school for various activities, whether participant or spectator, are required to dress modestly.·
- From time to time, the Academy will reward students with announced out of uniform days.
- Boys cannot wear earrings.·
- Tattoos and body piercings are not allowed.
- Unusual hair, make-up, and jewelry will be considered inappropriate for boys and girls.
- No inappropriate advertisements or language are allowed on any items brought or worn to school.
To ensure the safety of our students and staff, all visitors to the campus who are not registered must obtain an identification badge at the Security Desk by submitting their drivers’ license.
Parents who have completed a background check will be registered into our computer security system. To visit the campus, parents must sign in at the kiosk and receive a visitor badge. Before leaving campus, please log off at the kiosk.
All volunteers who will be supervising students or driving on field trips must complete a background check form and submit with fee two weeks prior to the trip. In addition, they must be at least 21 years of age, and all drivers must be 25 years old.
Please make arrangements for younger siblings when volunteering. Dress modestly as a good example to our students who have a dress code.
Bell Shoals Academy offers several opportunities for parents to be involved in their student's education. All campuses offer ways for parents to volunteer in their student's classroom. These volunteer opportunities are best arranged by speaking with your student's teacher. The Brandon campus also offers the Preschool Volunteer Fellowship and the Parent Teacher Fellowship groups.